Tuesday 31 March 2015

The 43rd hour - The second jam - Revised during hour 44 (01/04/15)

As we approach the 43rd hour without sleep, we have begun our second jam; it is absolute hell! Unlike yesterday, which was still a 16 hour day and a relatively sloppy jam, this mornings session has become nearly unbearable. Although starting with a light groove, the weight of the sticks feel like they have increased, the bass beater lacks response, the general feel is extremely lackadaisical.
It had gotten to the extent where we had to call a break in order for me recover.

I feel extremely heavy, tired, drained. I am clearly at the second wall. Although originally claiming to attempt 72 hours of no sleep, I believe that 48 would be a far more feasible prospect; even whilst typing this, I can feel myself attempting to drift out into a deep subconscious territory.

I will last as long as I can, which for now, will be counted within the minutes...



(Hour 44)

That was hell. Throughout the entirety of both jams and the break, I was unable to function to any sort of reasonable caliber as a university drummer. By having no energy and literally almost falling asleep whilst playing, I was unable to play even the most simplistic beats, predominantly struggling to co-ordinate by right foot playing the bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment